Support This Blogger

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Spectrum: emotional overflow

The Final NHL Game at the Spectrum: emotional overflow

Excuse this...

IT'S MY HOCKEY HOME, DAMMIT! MY EARLIEST MEMORY IN LIFE WAS AS A 2-YEAR-OLD LOOKING AT THE IRON GIRDERS FORMING THE FRAMEWORK OF THE SPECTRUM WHILE IT WAS UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!

AND THESE GREEDY SOBs WANT TO KILL IT! IT HURTS TO THINK THE HOME OF MY EARLIEST MEMORY *AND* EARLIEST HOCKEY MEMORIES WILL BE GONE SOON!

OK. Now that I've gotten *that* out of my system for the time being, I'll be able to watch the game.

It gives me a painful pang in the heart, every time I hear or see "final year of the Spectrum". I'm going to spend this season feeling a lot of pangs of pain.

So don't be the least bit surprised to see additional overflows of rant-mode from me as the season progresses. There are going to be times when I just can't hold it in anymore.

No comments: