Support This Blogger

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

This is new. While I've had more nights with insomnia than without, that was before the surgery. SINCE the surgery, the meds have helped me fall asleep at night.

But not tonight. I'm right at the point where the meds are most effective -- between 3 and 4 hours after the dose. Not only is the pain minimized (thank God), but the sleepiness should be at its maximum right now.

But I'm wide awake. SHOOT.

That does it. I have a followup appointment slated for early October with my primary care doc; I will most definitely be talking to him about this insomnia. It's MURDER, it's been ongoing for the past few years, and I've HAD it with this freaking issue. I'm sick and freaking tired of being wide awake when everyone else is asleep, and dead to the world when everyone else is awake. If I wanted to have this kind of sleep schedule, I'd work a third-shift job.

THIS is precisely why I intend to schedule as many PT sessions for the afternoon as possible. I don't ever want to have to go in there on zero sleep and with a PM appointment, I stand a chance of getting some shut-eye before I go.

No comments: