Support This Blogger

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The suckitude of this day continues. JFM's brother's brain cancer is back. I feared as much after learning that he was rushed to the ER over the weekend due to seizures. The MRI results have now erased all doubt. :(

This is the third time in the past few days that I've received bad news regarding a longtime family friend. One of my dad's friends, and the wife of another longtime friend of the family, are both being treated for cancer as well.

ARGH. Enough already with the bad news! I'm having a "Stop the world, I wanna get off" kind of day for sure.

Which of course, did nothing whatsoever to bolster my disposition this afternoon when I went for one of those Routine Maintenance tests that we ladies are supposed to have. Considering that one of those family friends is battling the same sort of cancer that this test is designed to catch early, I had that at the forefront of my mind when I went in there. (She DID get tested regularly, as she's one of the unfortunates who have a family history of this disease, and she still got sick. Argh.)

I'd like to dig a hole and crawl in and just stay there for a while. That's what sort of day it's been.

No comments: