Support This Blogger

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Phase II of my "a new look for Donna" is now in progress.

I used to have long fingernails, and I forget why I wound up giving them a trim a couple years ago. But there was a reason I trimmed them, whatever it was, and since then I have had short nails. Lately I have been trying to grow them again, but for the past few weeks, I have repeatedly run into problems. This one breaks, that one snags, etc, and the end result was that nothing was the same length as anything else. This was definitely no help to me, and as a result, the nails remained short.

Today, I decided to help them along. I picked up some plain nail tips from CVS, applied them, polished them, and I now have a nice set of purple fingernails just in time for the Slap Shot fundraising banquet tomorrow night. I figured that the secretary of the PPPC should have a nice Phantoms-colored manicure for the occasion. :o)

Now I am re-learning how to do some things the long-nailed way, such as retrieving things from my pocket and touch-typing. I have to say, this is the one drawback of the "instant nails" approach to a manicure. You go from short nails to long in a moment. The adjustment was easier the last time, when I grew the nails at Mother Nature's pace and they gradually went from short to long.

Fortunately, this is only a temporary solution. While I have the nail tips in place, the REAL nails will be growing. When they're long enough, I'll dispense with the nail tips, and shape/polish the REAL nails to look like this. By then, I'll be used to having non-short fingernails again.

In the meantime, I think I'll touch-type a whole lot. Just in case that aptitude test I'm supposed to be taking in the near future involves typing. I wouldn't want to impair my ability to score well on a typing test by not being able to type with a manicure, particularly since I DID have long nails as of a couple years ago or so and I was able to type just fine back then.

No comments: