Support This Blogger

Friday, June 25, 2004

I'm home.

So far, so good. The interview has two parts -- one was the in-person part, which took place this morning. The second part is an aptitude test that all job candidates must take. The person who interviewed me, whose insurance agency it is, said he'd be in touch in a few days to schedule the test.

I absolutely think I would be a good fit for this job. I'm even moreso, IMO, because of the three years' worth of temp experience I've had.

We barely even touched on my work history as a programmer. This, I'm sure, is as it should be, since this job won't be relying directly on my ability to write and test code. It will, however, make use of my ability to analyze situations and PROOFREAD, as well as my experience working with people who are upset and trying to resolve a problem.

Even better, they are looking to hire TWO people, not just one. The job begins as an office support person, but it will eventually include becoming licensed to sell insurance products and selling products. FINE by me! Just send me for training, and off I'll go.

The fact that according to my odometer, this site is 0.9 miles from my home is a big plus in my book, too. I could WALK there. I'd be more than glad to walk two miles a day, believe me.

I honestly think the interview went as well as I could have hoped. Now it remains to be seen when I get called to take the aptitude test. (The person who interviewed me is going on vacation next week, so I won't panic if I don't hear from them until the week after that.)

I'm tired. REALLY tired. I think I need a nap.

No comments: