Support This Blogger

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

How did it get to be JUNE all of a sudden?

I've updated the links over on the left-hand side of the page, for the first time in eons. I added a few blogs (notably Riverbend and Raed), plus I added a link to a blog directory called Blogarama. So do please click on the link to Blogarama, since it seems that generating traffic back to their site increases a blog's rating or coolness factor or something like that. :o)

Saturday is the Belmont Stakes, and Mark and I are going again. Donna H. is considering joining us there, since it's a bit less of a haul for her than driving all the way to Philly would be.

In the meantime, the entire city has gone stark raving bananas for Smarty Jones. :o) There are at least two "ballad of Smarty Jones"-type songs that I've heard so far... one is in a folk-music style, and the other one is bluesy. The trouble is that I have BOTH songs stuck in my head because I keep hearing them both several times per day.

I really hope we have nicer weather for this year's Belmont Stakes than we had last year. Of course, it'd be a real challenge to have WORSE weather than last year's all-day monsoon. But if there's one thing I don't want to do, it's issue Mother Nature a challenge to come up with weather even more rotten than last year's sloppy mess, so I'll just keep my mouth shut and hope for some sunshine.

BTW... crud! I had the Phillies game on TV as kind of an audio wallpaper while I surf the net, and the Phillies just lost to the Mets. It wouldn't be so bad except that we freakin' blew a 3-0 lead in the 8th inning and eventually lost, 5-3. Rats. I hate when that happens.

It's a good thing that baseball's seasons are about a zillion games long. One aggravating loss is likely to be forgotten by the season's end.

OK, time for me to ice this knee down again. I fell on the cellar stairs a week ago Monday, landing with my full weight on my left knee, and DANG, does it hurt! Fortunately, ice does help reduce the pain. I'm glad, because I take enough meds as it is. If I can find some relief that doesn't come in pill form, hip hip hooray for it. ;o)

No comments: