Support This Blogger

Monday, June 14, 2004

I ran across a really interesting article over the weekend in a digital photography magazine. It had some tips for selling one's original photographs on eBay.

Obviously, anybody who looks at my photos will realize that the VAST majority of them were intended to record special events with family and friends. Either that or, in the case of the photos I take during hockey games, they're suitable for sharing with other fans, for giving a copy of the pics to the players themselves, or for the Scrapbook Committee so they can add the pics to the player's scrapbook for that season.

However... I also think that there are a few that might generate a bit of interest. For example, I went through the zillion shots I took at the Mummers Parade on New Year's Day, and I found, oh, maybe a half-dozen that I think might sell... either as they are, or after I do a little bit of tweaking to crop out excess along the edges.

I think I'm going to do some looking on eBay to find out what the "going rate" of photos are for artists who are selling copies of their own work. In particular, I want to have a look at what 8x10 and 5x7 pics are going for. If it's more than I'd have to spend for eBay fees plus having the prints made, then what the heck? It might be well worth trying an auction or two to see how much pocket money it might generate.

It sure beats spending $30 to get info about a work-at-home data processing job which might or might not be a scam.

No comments: