Support This Blogger

Monday, June 28, 2004

I came in to work this morning to find an e-mail from the person in charge of the department that H, the new employee in this departmnet, transferred from. She thanked me for my resume and informed me that they are hiring from within (to fill the position that H left open when she transferred here). She also offered to forward my resume to HR so that I can be considered in the future for jobs openings here.

So I e-mailed her an answer, thanking her for letting me know and saying I would greatly appreciate it if she did send my resume to HR. I guess there IS some valid stuff on it after all (per the requirements of this company) or she wouldn't have made that offer. But internal employees come first. As always.

I wonder when, or IF, the opening will be posted to replace the person who transferred into H's old job. Of course, if other internal employees apply for it, I
won't have a snowball's chance in you-know-where at THAT opening, either.

I look forward to scheduling that aptitude test. I really do want to work for that South Philly insurance agency, if I can't stay here.
----
In other news, I think I can reduce the cost of posting a sale on ebay if I have the buyer pay by way of bidpay (Western Union auction payment) instead of PayPal. The difference is that PayPal charges the fee to the seller, but BidPay charges it to the person making the payment.

It's a nominal fee no matter which way I choose to receive payment. But if my auctions are only going to be for items that cost a few dollars, then the less money shaved off the amount I eventually receive, the better.

No comments: