Support This Blogger

Monday, August 20, 2007

Well, something interesting happened with this migraine. And when I say "interesting", I mean, "Oh, #%$&*, this is new. What brought this on?"

I never had a migraine come back after taking Imitrex before. So, since I'm a geek and since it was the wee hours of the morning, I did what comes naturally and started looking for information online.

At which point, I discovered that fouled-up serotonin levels can trigger migraines.

Did I mention that I forgot to pack my freakin' prescriptions? And haven't taken any of them since Thursday morning?

Friday and Saturday, I got plenty of sun and exercise, both of which boost serotonin levels.

Yesterday was rainy and we stayed indoors all day, until we left for home. I had a migraine from about lunchtime until we got home yesterday evening. No sunshine, no exercise, no prescriptions for the third consecutive day... and problems set in. I shouldn't be surprised, should I?

Chalk this up under "I'll never forget to pack the meds again".

No comments: