Support This Blogger

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The latest fashion statement in this house involves wearing one or two purring, striped ankle bracelets. There are a couple of Velcro Kitties in this house who have to make sure that Mark and/or I am in their line of sight at all times. And if one of us is making bodily contact with said Velcro Kitties, so much the better. :o) I haven't sat down on the sofa by myself in two days; the moment I park there, I've got at least one cat parked either right on top of me or right next to me.

Anyone who thinks cats are aloof and independent hasn't met the Stripe Committee. They're as insistent on being near, or at least maintaining visual contact with, their humans as any Canine Critter on the face of the earth, and that was BEFORE we boarded them over the long weekend.

Of course, it should come as no surprise to anyone that I'm enjoying the opportunity to get in some extra doting. The kitties might have missed us while we were away, but I missed them, too.

No comments: