Support This Blogger

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Well, no sooner do I get a traffic meter on my site, then I find out that it (the stats site) has periodic outages during the day when it's got more traffic than it can handle.

As a result, whenever the statistics site is out of whack, it misses visits to the page. I know this because I was on my own site this afternoon, checking some of the template links on the left-hand side of the page, and there's no record of the several times I went to the page.

So, off I went and tracked down a DIFFERENT free site. Now I've got two traffic counters, the original one (which is not visible anywhere on the page), and the "Sitemeter" counter which does have a little button at the bottom of the page. I'll compare the results over the next few days, just to see if there's any noticeable disparity between the stats that the two counters dish up.

Tomorrow, I have a few errands to run. Interspersed with that will be Project "Spoil the Stripe Committee". Little do they know that their first overnight spent away from home is imminent. But *I* know it, so I'm going to give them some extra fussing between now and then. And I know that they'll give US some extra fussing when they get home. Heck, a day trip to the vet turns them into Velcro Kitties for a day or two; I can imagine how a brief stay in the Kitty Hotel will affect their demeanor.

Well... I'm off to do a bit more template tweaking. This making-minor-adjustments thing is freakin' addictive. ;o)

P.S. I updated the COMMENTS feature. You no longer have to be a member of blogger.com in order to place a comment. I do, however, have them set up so that I have to approve comments before they show up.

This is to prevent spam from creeping into the comments, the way I've seen it happen on other sites. Real people's comments will be approved. Spammers' comments will be sent to the ozone.

So, feel free to comment away!

No comments: