Support This Blogger

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Niece

Thanks to being married to Mark, I have four nephews and two nieces.I found out tonight that the elder of my two nieces is engaged to be married. I'm pleased to hear it, as I think the young man she's been dating is a really nice guy. And I KNOW that she's a nice young lady. Heck, any time two nice people find each other, I'm all for seeing them head up the aisle. Any time that happens, score one for the good people!They are not having a reception, nor a religious ceremony. They plan to be married by a justice of the pease, as neither of them is religious. They also are hoping to purchase a house that's close to my in-laws (her grandparents), which is great. Right now, she's living in the apartment on the second floor of their house. If they buy the house in question, they'll be around the corner.Mark and I are heading up to see his parents soon. Normally, his sister (the mother of the soon-to-be-bride), who lives a few minutes away, stops by every couple of days to check on them. But she'll be away for a few days, so we're going to head up there in her absence, with some food in tow.I'm going to talk to Mark about finding some ways to help his parents get OUT of the house more often. They do have the wheelchair lift now, which is good, but I'd like to see them use it and go places now and then. Heck, even if it's just to church or to the library (both within a block or two of the house), that's SOMEthing. Or if they're really feeling adventurous, they have a big mall that's so close by, it's visible from their front porch. Anything that will help stave off cabin fever will be good.

No comments: