Support This Blogger

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

For some unfathomable reason, the number of hours I sleep on a given night does not seem to correspond to whether the sleep is refreshing. (A term I picked up from working at the rheumatology clinic: patients were asked, among other things, whether their sleep was refreshing.)

Case in point: on Monday night (Tuesday morning, really) I got 11 hours of sleep. I vaguely remember waking up to kiss Mark goodbye in the midst of that. I only got up yesterday because I forced myself to, because if my system had had its way, I'd have slept even longer. The sleep was NOT refreshing, to put it mildly, as I felt my tail was dragging all day.

Last night (this morning, really), i fell asleep at 4 AM and got up at 7 AM. I'm fine. I've got no problem whatsoever waking up, getting up, and STAYING up right now.

One day, 11 hours of sleep isn't enough, and the next day three hours of sleep is plenty? What in the SAM HILL is going on with my metabolism?

No comments: