Support This Blogger

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Insomnia is a royal pain in the neck, and I've had it for the past three nights.

However, due to the fact that I'm wide awake at this ridiculous hour, I happened to catch a breaking news story that most people I know will wake up to in a few hours. RIP Luciano Pavarotti, a true musical genius. :o(

In other news, I am crossing my fingers that when I speak to one of the temp agencies I'm registered with later today, good news comes of it. They called me a couple weeks ago about a possible long-term temp job beginning on September 10. It's with another local health insurance company, and they're hiring several temps to handle the influx of registrations that will take place over the next few months. I gave the temp agency permission to send my resume to the company for the position.

To make a long story less long, on Wednesday afternoon, Joe M. mentioned that someone he knows was also trying for the same kind of temp job, but via a different temp agency, and he went for some sort of testing related to the job already.

Ironically, the agency that Joe M's friend is affiliated with is the Philly office of the agency whose suburban agency I worked for when I had the assignment in Fort Washington.

So, here's the deal. I called the agency that sent my resume out already, and informed them of exactly what I knew: that a person who was working with a different temp agency was going through testing for this health-insurance job. They said they'd call the health-insurance company and find out what they could. This chat took place late in the afternoon, so I'm calling them back first thing this morning to find out what's up with this temp position. If I don't get a satisfactory answer, my NEXT call will be to the Philly office of the other agency, the one whose suburban office I've already worked with. I'll tell THEM that I've already worked with their firm, but with their office in [Montgomery County], that I've already worked with a health insurance firm affiliated to the one that's hiring for this long-term position, and that I understand from one of their candidates that they're assisting with bringing temp employees to this assignment. And I'll tell them that I want in. Period.

Then we'll see how it goes. The health insurance company wants all its testing completed by Friday, as their training sessions begin on Monday.

No comments: