Support This Blogger

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Here I sit, syncing the new toy. One of my "visit this daily" sites, woot.com, had a white Zune MP3/video player listed at a pretty nice discount a few weeks ago. I already had small MP3 devices that store either 256MB or 1 GB, respectively. But I was tempted by the price on Woot (about 3/5 of the normal cost) and the 30 GB of storage, so I decided to go for it.

As I sit here loading what MP3s I do have onto the device, I realize that I've hardly got ANY CDs ripped, mostly because I had so little storage to put them on. My other MP3 devices have FM radios, so it was easier to just put the radio on when I wanted some variety from my recorded music. But now that I actually have got some storage, I can rip a bunch more CDs and take advantage of it.

It's hardly earth-shattering news (in my head, I'm hearing Joe M.'s line, "I'll alert the media!", ), but it's what's going on as I sit here at the computer.

I'm just glad I'm able to finally USE the device and make sure it's working. Naturally, it was delivered right in the middle of our "the PC is unusable" episode, so it took until now to be able to hook it up and see that it does, in fact, appear to function properly.

The way I see it, we've got to enjoy the things that go right, no matter how minor. Otherwise, there's no way to counterbalance the fact that we get aggravated when things don't go as planned. So even though setting up a music player is hardly going to change the world, it's working out as it should so I'll file it under "Yay". :o)

No comments: