Support This Blogger

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

South Philly has gone STARK RAVING INSANE with joy! There are at least 5,000, possibly as many as 10,000 people flooding the intersection of Broad and Shunk. There's a helicopter showing TV images and it's an amazing sight. I mean it's honest-to-goodness wall-to-wall people, not a square inch of sidewalk or street is visible in the crowd.

And you know what? If I lived close to Broad Street, I'd be right the heck out there with them all.

Horns are beeping all over the place. If it was loud out there when we went into the World Series, that doesn't even begin to compare to the decibel level emanating from outside our house tonight. I am LOVING THIS like I can't begin to tell you.

Congratulations, Phillies! 2008 World Series Champions!

No comments: