Support This Blogger

Friday, October 31, 2008

Linc

I walked to the Linc, which distance I would guess is somewhere between 1.5 and 2 miles. My knee was sore by the time I arrived, but it was well worth it.

By the time I reached 18th and Hartranft, about 4 blocks from Broad Street, I could clearly hear the crowd. When I got to Broad Street, I was amazed by the size of the crowd. There was not a square inch of empty sidewalk. Given that this was where the floats will turn to go into tbe CBP parking lot, I should've realized the intersection would be mobbed.

It's 1:22 as I type, and the procession has reached Broad and Reed. So they're officially in South Philly, but have a good 20 blocks at least to reach the Sports Complex.

Today's weather is *phenomenally* gorgeous. We couldn't have ordered a more perfect day from a menu. :) It's almost as if the weather is making up for the weekend monsoons. ;)

My fellow Flyers fan has absolutely stupendous Eagles seats. They're Section 130, row 6. That, as I discovered upon entering the Linc, is right behind the goalpost. Wow. :)

Let's see if I can post somme photos.

No comments: