Support This Blogger

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I just read a post on the flyersphans board, where we discuss a pretty wide range of topics in addition to hockey, with an article I think should be required reading during the runup to Election Day.

Click here: 6 Brainwashing Techniques They're Using on You Right Now


Anyone who wants to maintain any semblance of critical thinking, not just in the face of a media onslaught but at ANY time, needs to learn what those six brainwashing techniques are and how to avoid falling into the trap they set. The ironic thing is that some of those techniques are designed to make people think that they're not "sheeple", all the while dragging them right into the groupthink mentality and diverting them from thinking for themselves.

Don't let your mind get sucked into the morass. Think for yourself. And read the article to see some ways to recognize and avoid pitfalls.

Speaking of pitfalls... I slept through a time that I should have dosed with ibuprofen this morning. The end result was a span of 11 hours between doses, and I am still paying for the mistake hours after I finally medicated. Doggone. I can see that 6-8 hours is the most I should go between doses.

Geesh, I miss being able to take ONE ibuprofen in the morning and being done with it for the day. Looks like I'm not close to returning to that regimen any time soon.

No comments: