Support This Blogger

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rx

I just checked to see if I'd forgotten to take my ibuprofen this morning with breakfast. Unfortunately, I didn't forget; the little Sunday compartment for my weekly prescription-med dose manager is empty.

That's disappointing, because it means I took my ibuprofen three hours ago, and have to wait another three hours before I can take it again. Yet, my knee hurts as though I haven't taken anything at all.

There may, however, be a bright side to this. The weather turned abruptly colder last night. It's entirely possible that this is weather-induced soreness, and not a failure of the ibuprofen.

If that's the case, then the bright side is that my knee has actually improved enough that I can discern weather-induced pain again, as opposed to just being this sore all the time for no obvious reason. (Well, besides minor details like surgery and arthritis. Don't cloud the issue with facts.)

I just have to keep reminding myself that when I dislocated the kneecap in 1994, I spent the first few months *wishing* that I only felt the level of discomfort that I'm in right now. As frustrating as this is to go through, the prior injury was a lot more frustrating for a far longer timespan. So I know that things could be far worse.

No comments: