Support This Blogger

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

While I was in Brigantine last week, our main desktop computer had what appears to be a hard disk crash. Mark spent two days on the phone with MicroSoft customer support, trying to determine the origin of the error message which would not let the machine boot up.

We brought the computer to a repair shop in Wayne on Monday evening. To my surprise, we haven't heard back from them yet. Or at least, *I* haven't heard from them. Maybe they called Mark at work.

I'd really like to know what's wrong with the machine and what the ETA is to get it back.

Yesterday, my laptop (which, like the desktop PC, runs Windows XP) got the automatic update for SP3. So when the desktop machine comes back, we'll have to make sure that it receives the same updates that were installed on my laptop.

No comments: