Support This Blogger

Saturday, April 19, 2008

When my friends and I were kids, we used to raid EM and BA's dad's record collection. He was in a band, and he bought a LOT of records, which if I understand correctly, the band used in order to learn the music.

Regardless, we got into his record collection on a regular basis. That's how I developed an appreciation for, among other things, the music of The Manhattan Transfer.

Well, OH BOY but I struck gold a few days ago on that front while I was listening to the internet radio which I've linked to on the left-hand side of this page. See that blue button? The station in question can be found by clicking that blue button, choosing "Easy Listening", then choosing "Nice Noise -- always eezzzee". They played a song from The Manhattan Transfer called A Nightengale Sang in Berkeley Square". Oh, my gosh, what an auditory treat! Have you ever heard a song that was so amazing, you had to completely stop everything you were doing and just listen to it? This was like that.

I've got the song on the brain, mostly because I have that radio station on again and the song just came back on. It was just as outstanding to listen to this time as it was a few days ago, so I looked it up (partly because I wasn't entirely sure if the locale in the song was "Barclay Square" or "Berkeley Square" -- little bitty laptop speakers aren't ideal when it comes to clarity of sound).
And what did we ever do without the internet? Here's where you can sample at least part of the song: Click Here

Enjoy! :o)

Oh, and click on that internet radio link. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: