Support This Blogger

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Quick rundown:

- We got someone to haul out the furniture from the house. What really sticks in my craw is that we had to PAY them, instead of being able to DONATE the furniture to people who really might need it. I know that the Salvation Army does good work, but it's a shame that they don't have the capacity to get a truck up a side street. God knows how many donations they lose that way.

- For the first time ever, and I do mean EVER, I have called out sick from interpreting. The flu symptoms, which ranked about 3 on a scale of 1-10 yesterday, came back with a vengeance after all the activity (furniture issues, Phantoms game). I thought I was getting better, but apparently not. Boo.

I am about to eat breakfast, then crawl under a blanket, not to emerge until tomorrow morning for jury duty. OK, I'll emerge tonight for long enough to call the number on the jury duty card, give my ID number, and find out if I have to report tomorrow. I hope I don't have to. Last time I was called, it turned out I didn't have to report, but I went anyway. I was working at the clinic at the time, and the Spite-Fest was in full swing. I had been looking forward to jury duty as a day away from the individuals who were the source of the hostility. So I figured, "Phooey, I'm getting my day away from those people no matter what", and I reported to jury duty. When I checked in, the lady behind the counter told me that I didn't have to serve if I didn't want to. When I said I would, she looked at me as if I had two heads. I guess she was more used to people trying to get OUT of jury duty than people trying to get IN. :o)

Right now, I'm trying to get OUT of joining the ranks of people who are awake. I feel frightfully bad and I'm going to log off and go keel over somewhere.

No comments: