Support This Blogger

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

On Monday, I had a "THIS can't be good" moment. I was waiting at a red light on the Black Horse Pike, on my way home from work. That's when I noticed something odd about the little yellow pickup truck with the NAPA auto parts logos on its sides and tailgate. The truck was also stopped at the red light, but it had NO BRAKE LIGHTS.

Is it my imagination, or is it a BAD SIGN that a truck that, from the look of it, belongs to some sort of auto repair service or mechanic should be lacking a critical thing like functional brake lights? Yeah, I'm REALLY willing to trust THAT mechanic. NOT.

From the moment I realized what was wrong with the truck until I turned off the Black Horse Pike, I made sure that the brake-light-less yellow truck was at least a half block ahead of me. There's almost nothing that makes me more nervous than driving behind a vehicle that won't give any indication that it's about to slow down or stop.

No comments: