Support This Blogger

Thursday, January 15, 2004

Joe M, Bob, Karla, John R and I went to the Bette Midler concert tonight. WHOA, she puts on a FANTASTIC show! I've never seen her perform live before, but you bet that the next time she's in Philly, I would love to get tickets!

One thing I saw in the crowd near the end of the concert made me laugh. This is how you know that you're part of a non-smoking generation of concert-goers (thank God). The tradition used to be for people to light matches to ask the performer to do an encore. Tonight, I saw a group of about a half-dozen people on the level below ours, waving their lit-up CELL PHONES for Bette to keep singing. LOL! I thought that was pretty clever.

After the concert, we came out into the coldest night since 1977. GEESH, and might I say it sure feels like it! Not only is the temperature 6 degrees, but the wind chill makes it feel like -30. Even so, there were guys standing in the parking lot selling T-shirts. GOOD GRIEF, I don't know how in the world they could stand it. We all felt sorry for them -- that's one brutal way to earn money.

No comments: