Support This Blogger

Saturday, March 08, 2008

I've heard of people getting spammed via text message for a while now, but until the past week, it had never actually happened to me.

Now, for whatever reason, I've gotten a spam text message several times this week, always from a different sender. Color me NOT HAPPY about it. I don't give out my cell phone number without valid reason, nor do I use it when registering online, so I'm not sure how it is that I'm ending up with unwanted messages. It's not impossible that some creepo greedy spammer has used software to just spew their garbage to every possible combination of mobile phone numbers.

It's illegal to spam people via text message, because the recipients have to pay for messages. I hope whoever's doing this gets prosecuted. Freaking nuisance.

No comments: