Support This Blogger

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Good grief, is it ever windy! I mean seriously -- the wind is literally howling outside. No exaggeration, the last time I heard wind this loud was about 10 years ago, when there were tornadoes in the area. We don't have any tornado watches or warnings, but we're supposed to be under a high-wind advisory until 5 AM.

So, what's it like to be in this weather pattern? I looked out my window and saw this:



In other news, whose idea was it to make us lose an hour of sleep right before I go to California for a conference! Curse words! I need to lose sleep like I need a hole in the head. Wasn't the Daylight Savings Time change originally in April, and not March? Put it the heck back in April and give me back my hour of sleep this weekend.

Actually, knock on wood and three cheers for Zicam, I feel a ton better than I did a few days ago. There's still congestion, there's still a cough, and my voice is hoarse, but the FEVER is largely gone and the other symptoms are pretty much manageable. I'm a bit concerned about my fatigue levels, however, and for once I'm not referring to drowsiness or the lack thereof. I'm talking about muscle fatigue, which has been an issue over the past couple of days. Whatever this bug is that I'm fighting off, the battle knocked the daylights out of my stamina reserves. I hope those rebound well, especially by Tuesday. If not, well, I'll sleep REEEEEALLY well every night of the conference. ;o)

Since the only thing more draining than losing an hour of sleep is losing the hour of sleep and then having to interpret in the morning, I'll sign off and try to get those ZZZZs in now.

No comments: