Support This Blogger

Monday, September 20, 2004

Good morning, and the next person who parks right ON the line that divides the spaces in the parking lot is gonna get a bill from my chiropractor. Sheesh. Today I had so little room to open the driver's-side door, I emerged from my car thinking, "This must be what it feels like to hatch".

This morning's news showed a map of where the Delaware flooded. It looks like most of the PA side of the river in Bucks County went beyond flood stage. There were fewer problems on the NJ side, but Trenton and Lambertville (across the river from New Hope, PA) are among the flooded areas. If I find any links describing what happened and where, I'll add them in my next post.

On my to-do list is to check a map of New Hope and see if the part of Main Street we visited is the part that experienced the flooding. Officials there were concerned that the entire street would go underwater, but instead only part of it did.

I have an ominous feeling, though, since we spent our time within walking distance of the bridge between Lambertville and New Hope, and both of those towns got flooding. If I find out that THAT'S the area where the river expanded past its banks, I won't be surprised. :o(

No comments: