Support This Blogger

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Well, beans! It appears that the blog template can't be edited from the Windows CE device. For whatever reason, Pocket Internet Explorer can't handle the job. As soon as I'm on a regular computer, I need to add the following links to the template:

National Association of the Deaf
Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf
GPRID

Attending the Deaf Expo last month (not to be confused with the Deaf Worldwide Expo, a separate event) made me realize that I miss the involvement I used to have with the Deaf Community back when I was studying interpreting. In fact, I'd also like to team with a mentor interpreter for a while, as we did when we were taking the Practicum class at CCP. If I can get the rust off, regarding entering new situations and interpreting for new people (instead of people and settings I've known for years), then I'll feel comfortable going into freelance interpreting. As it stands now, it's been about 10 years since I've headed into a brand-new setting to interpret for complete strangers, and I feel that I'd benefit from a bit of preparation before I voluntarily do that again.

As the links I want to add to the blog will attest, lately I've been surfing the web for deafness-related sites, to reacquaint myself with what's out there.

No comments: