Support This Blogger

Sunday, December 21, 2008

If only I had a camera capable of doing the image justice... there are parts of our lawn, and of the grass area that borders the curb, where EVERY INDIVIDUAL BLADE OF GRASS has a separate ice coating.

It's fascinating to see.

So is the chain link fence next to our church, where every single millimeter of every chain link has ITS own ice coating. Again, I don't currently own camera equipment that would do justice to the image. If I did, the photos would be in my blog right now, and they'd be enthralling.

But since I haven't got the pictures, I'll make do with the proverbial "thousand words" (give or take a few hundred). It was amazing to see, and would've been even MORE eye-catching had the sun been out to illuminate the perfectly clear ice coating on every solid surface. I remember very well that on the day after the first ice storm I ever saw in my life, I was on my way to the emergency room (grrrrrr) and even though I was in excruciating pain from the knee injury, I *still* noticed how beautiful the trees were with the sun glistening through their coating of ice.

The sun's not glistening through anything around here today, but the sight of everything looking like it's coated in glass is still fascinating.

But now that I'm home from Mass, I'm going to be appreciating Mother Nature from INSIDE THE HOUSE for the rest of the day. Or at least until the fascinating glass-like coating on everything has melted.

If you have to go out and walk or drive on this, folks, be extra careful. Take it from one who knows.

No comments: