Support This Blogger

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I had a nice little surprise on my way in to work this morning.

In Audubon, I ended up driving behind a truck that was towing some sort
of wood chipper that had been used to grind up Christmas trees. I'm
certain that said ex-trees must have been the main, if not the only,
ingredient in the mulch that the truck contained, because an incredibly
pleasant evergreen scent emanated from the truck. Candle,
air-freshener, and pot-pourri companies would give anything to be able
to duplicate THAT aroma. And if that truck driver could find a way to
sell jars of that evergreen-scented air, he'd surely make a fortune.

As far as I was concerned, the ex-tree-hauling truck was more than
welcome to precede me on the entire rest of my commute to work, but
unfortunately he turned up a residential street after driving ahead of
me for about a half-mile. Darn. But what a lovely, aromatic half-mile
it was! :o)




__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

No comments: