Support This Blogger

Monday, February 25, 2008

So it's been a productive couple of days...

For those whom we spoke to offline on Saturday, I'm glad to report that the signatures we were waiting for have come through. Contingent on the Other Individual's loan being approved, everything should proceed smoothly from here on out. In a few weeks, we can add one more item to the "One Less Thing to Worry About" file.

Yesterday was the Flyers Wives Fight for Lives Carnival, and Mark and I went. I love the Carnival. :) I always enjoy getting to have a word with the players, particularly the Phantoms and Phantoms alumni on the Flyers who know us by sight (and, depending on which individual we're talking about, sometimes by name as well). It's pretty gratifying to give back a little thanks to some people who not only work their tails off, but occasionally end up injured (yikes), all in the name of trying to win some games and entertain the fans. So I got to welcome a few people who are recently returned from injury back into the lineup, tell one Phantom that he should have the fans sign the cast on his wrist since he's busy signing autographs for all of us :), congratulate a few people on some excellent performance they've had (such as our captain who had two goals and two assists the night before the Carnival), and -- highlight of the afternoon -- congratulate Riley Cote on his first-ever NHL goal. I can't begin to describe how happy I am when I see someone like him, a genuinely nice and down-to-earth person who has had to work his tail off in spades for the achievements he's had, have a dream come true and make it to the NHL. I love to see the Good Guys of the Universe have their hard work rewarded with real success.

So, all in all, we had a good weekend, to say the least. :)

Apparently even good "stress" can result in a migraine, however -- I took the last of the Imitrex this afternoon and have a call in for the prescription to be renewed, as it had no refills left on it. But you know what? For THIS kind of stress, I'll just deal with the headache and not gripe too much. ;) With luck, it'll be entirely gone by the time I have to take minutes at the Phan Club meeting tonight.

No comments: