Support This Blogger

Friday, February 01, 2008

In other news, we're going to see my mother-in-law today, which is her birthday. It appears that her own estimate, to my mom, that she'd only be at the rehab place for a couple of days was probably a bit optimistic. She's probably going to be there longer than that, but we're not sure HOW long. At least it'll be long enough to actually provide some sort of benefit, I hope.

We talked to my sister-in-law last night, and got some additional info. My mother-in-law did have an MRI last year. On the surface, this might explain some of the Greedy Corporate @#*($#@$ insurance company's rejection of another MRI now. However, I still would like to see their decision challenged, because the symptoms LAST YEAR are very different from the symptoms of THIS PAST WEEK. She went from "able to function independently, with pain" to "unable to stand or walk". I don't care if they did the freaking MRI the DAY before the onset of these new symptoms, something has drastically changed and IMO that's enough to warrant another test.

Remember when it was DOCTORS making our medical decisions, and not corporate bean counters?

No comments: