Support This Blogger

Friday, February 01, 2008

I had a pleasant surprise yesterday when I checked out the OLPCnews.com site. Yesterday's post was about using the XO as assistive technology. I had seen the posts from LesleyT, who is using an XO with a class of special-needs kids, on the olpcnews.com forums, so I was happy to see the info repeated on the main OLPC news site.

But what I didn't expect was seeing my own userID make an appearance in the article as well. I was the person who started a discussion on using the XO as assistive tech on the forums, and it attracted enough interest from others that we wound up with our own forum. :) Technically, I don't feel like I've DONE anything yet, other than get people talking, but on the other hand I guess even a small "something" is still something.

Here's a direct link to the article from yesterday: One Assistive Technology Laptop Per Child. The stories LesleyT shared are great! :)

No comments: