Support This Blogger

Sunday, January 13, 2008

It has not been a good few weeks for people I know with senior-citizen kitties. The day after Thanksgiving, my Cat-in-Law (my sister-in-law's cat), who was approximately 16-18 years of age, went to the Rainbow Bridge. Tonight, Donna H. called to let me know that her cat Tristan, who was nearly 17 years old, had a stroke this morning and had to be assisted on HIS way to the Rainbow Bridge, as well.

Poor kitty. He did have some health issues, not surprising for a cat of his age, but there was nothing that would lead a person to believe that his having a stroke was imminent. Afterward, it was clear that the only medical option that remained was the Final Act of Mercy. I, and pretty much everyone I know who's had a pet, has been through making that decision, and I know nothing makes it easy.

In any event, I was very sorry to hear the news. I'll remember him in his prime as a big, friendly, pretty mostly-Maine-Coon cat. And since at the Rainbow Bridge, old and infirm pets become young and healthy again, he's back in his prime again and not sick anymore.

No comments: