Support This Blogger

Sunday, April 22, 2007

I just got an email that saddens me to no end. Edie's hearing assistance dog, Leni (sounds like "Lenny") has died. :o(

I know he was getting on in years, I know he was starting to have spinal trouble that aging Corgis are prone to developing, and I know the plan was for him to retire and become Edie's parents' pet dog when Edie was assigned a new assistance dog (which she is on the waiting list for).

But DARN. I really loved that sweet little dog. Leni made me a fan of Welsh Corgis forever, and if I ever get one, he'll be the reason why.

Sweetest. Dog. Imaginable. I'm really going to miss that cute little guy. :o(

Poor Edie! I can't imagine what it's like to lose, not just a lovable pet and companion, but a *working* dog that she's been teamed up with for over 10 years. :o( :o( :o( My heart goes out to her.

:o(

No comments: