Support This Blogger

Friday, February 02, 2007

There's a raffle going on in the cafeteria at work. I got a kick out of the Eagles *baseball* jersey. The sight of a football team's logo on a baseball jersey gave me a few moments of cognitive dissonance, until I figured out why I was having feelings of "What's wrong with this picture?" while looking at it.

I'm reminded of our Group of Friends (tm) annual brunch, which we have around Christmas every year in lieu of buying one another gifts. We got together last New Year's Eve at the Rittenhouse Hotel, and got a chuckle out of hearing the resident live musician play "Piano Man" on an acoustic guitar. :o)

What's next? A Phillies hockey jersey? A rendition of "Mr. Tambourine Man" played on a pipe organ? The world's gone topsy-turvy, I tell you!

No comments: