Support This Blogger

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Watch This Space!

I'm prepping my camera for a couple of major events that will take place in the near future. First, I will be taking video for JFM at his upcoming performance at his civic association's fundraiser/cabaret/revue. I have already discovered that the only way to share videos is via YouTube as there is no email program that will send such a jumbo-sized attachment.

Then, of course, the Flyers Carnival is an event that practically requires the use of a camera. There's always something interesting going on to take pictures of.

Pics and YouTube links will be forthcoming, so Watch This Space!


In other news, I'm sorry to report that this is all that remains of The Spectrum. America's Showplace has all but succumbed to the wrecking ball. But if it's possible to find something comforting in this forlorn sight, for me, it's this: the last remnant of the framework includes the area where my Phantoms season ticket seats were located for 13 seasons. I'm not entirely ready to lose that last tangible link to the past, so this turn of events will keep that final, vestigial thread alive for just a while longer.

Unfortunately, even this will be gone all too soon, and then all that will remain will be the memories. :-( I will reckon that to be a sad day.

No comments: