Support This Blogger

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sync-fest

Whew. My project, over the past few days, has been the attempt to synchronize my cell phone's calendar with my iPod touch calendar. When I am at home, I can use my PC and Outlook to accomplish this. But what if I'm away from my home computer? I am hoping to take a trip later in the year. I'll want to keep both devices up-to-date, so I will have an accurate schedule to refer to on either device.

The short answer is, it can be done. Set both devices up to talk to Google Calendar. That involves installing a free app on the WinMo phone, and an app called Pocket Informant on the iPod. Then when one calendar is updated, do a Tinker-to-Evers-to-Chance trick to send the update out to Google Calendar, and from there to the other device.

As an added bonus, there is a freebie program that can be installed on a PC, to let it talk to Google Calendar, too. Running that will allow your PC's calendar to be updated with whatever you sent to Google Calendar.

I know some of my friends have smartphones, so this is just an FYI that these things are possible.

No comments: