Support This Blogger

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jury Duty. Maybe.

Philly has an interesting twist to its jury duty summons process. We are supposed to call in the night before, enter our ID number, and find out whether we will be needed to report the following day. In the years since they have adopted this formula, sometimes I have been needed to come in, sometimes not. Once, when I was going through a particularly hellish job situation, I learned I didn't need to report but I went in anyhow. I preferred having a day away from the miserable, nasty excuses for people that populated that workplace.

Maybe I should thank those ex-coworkers for driving me to seek, for the first time, an anti-migraine prescription. That's the only med I have ever found to be truly effective in relieving migraines. However, leaving the job turned out to be even more effective, as that meant I wasn't getting the stress-induced migraines in the first place.

But I digress. I have some plans later this week that will remain in limbo until I discover whether I need to report for jury duty.

No comments: