Support This Blogger

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Thank you, God!

Thank you, God! Mini's biopsy came back negative.

Ironically, the mass in her abdomen, like my fibroid, is a type of growth that's fueled by female hormones. So even though she's ten years old, with a mild heart murmur and slightly low kidney function, we're now looking at getting her spayed. We don't need this mass to grow back, which is a distinct possibility if she remains unspayed. I'm facing, shall we say, the human equivalent of said surgery in order to resolve the issue of the Rhode-Island-sized fibroid once and for all. (Though I get to keep my ovaries, in order to avoid surgical menopause.)

When I told the vet about my own impending surgery, she agreed that Mini's surgery can wait until I've recuperated from my own operation. So I'll be arranging for Mini's surgery in a few weeks, once I'm allowed to start resuming normal activity.

I can't even find the words to describe how relieved I am. I've about had my fill of waiting for biopsy results, after the past few months. Thank God everything's been benign, regardless of it's been me or Mini, but my nerves can't take much more of this.

They do say that people and their pets start to resemble one another. Apparently, my medical records and Mini's are having some things in common: arthritic knees and hormone-induced tissue growth that needs to be made to go away. Here's hoping that the NEXT thing our medical records share in common is successful surgery and complete recovery.

No comments: