Support This Blogger

Monday, February 22, 2010

The meds seem to be mostly done annoying me to death. I wouldn't volunteer to do this for entertainment, but so far, it wasn't quite as abysmal of an experience as I'd feared. The laxative tasted all right (I used the lemon-lime flavor -- other choices included pineapple, orange, and cherry). And the process of the meds actually working wasn't as discomfort-filled as I'd feared it would be. I had worse discomfort from an entirely different, unrelated biological process that decided to run in tandem with today's medicine-induced events.

So if you're going in for a colonoscopy, and you haven't had one before, don't stress over the prep. Some parts of it are annoying in the extreme, but compared to the side effects I was expecting, today wasn't so bad.

I am MORE than ready for tomorrow's two procedures to be O-V-E-R, however.

If I don't get to post again before everything's done... say a prayer that what they find is something easily treated, so we can treat it and put an end to the situation once and for all. Iron pills treat the symptom, but I want the symptoms AND the problem resolved for keeps. To coin a phrase, I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

No comments: