Support This Blogger

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The good news is that the scarf I posted the photo of has grown significantly over the course of the evening, and is now the length of my forearm.

The "oh, dear" news is that I've noticed a few things that are different since the last time I knitted/crocheted for an extended period of time (shortly after I graduated college, if the truth is to be told). First of all, an extended period of repetitive motion makes my fingers ache far more than it did when I was in my early 20s. Second of all, I now get eyestrain if I focus on something that's at a fixed distance for too long of a time. So I will have to work in shorter sessions and take breaks.

But even with these new issues that I have to deal with, it sure is fun to be making something again. It's been too long.

No comments: