Support This Blogger

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Back to basics

I've been thinking a lot lately about getting back into one of my old hobbies. I've neither knitted nor crocheted in years, but I did both avidly in the past.

After seeing the amount of enjoyment that my friend Donna H and my cousin Maryann get out of crafting, I remembered how much I used to like making things. So I've decided to head over to the nearest arts and crafts store, pick up some knitting needles, crochet hooks, and yarn, and... make things.

I only knew very basic stitches, Back In The Day, so I bought some books on Saturday night with instructions for some more-advanced techniques. I figure that with one knitting book, one crocheting book, and one that covers both topics, I should be good to go for a while. :-)

I have a few reasons for doing this. One is... Just Because. Another is, I need a scarf. :-) And one other is that there's a crafts consignment shop in Center City. I'd like to visit them and see what sort of things they sell. If their inventory is comparable to any of the things I can make, then it'll be worth my while to create some items and head over there to sell them. We shall see.

I'm really looking forward to that craft store visit, which will take place after Mass today.

No comments: