Support This Blogger

Thursday, June 11, 2009

After I posted this afternoon, I took a nap for a couple of hours. I was in dire need of some serious downtime.

Turns out that after breakfast, my team interpreter just up and went home without telling anyone. I had texted him during lunch to ask if everything was OK, to let him know whre Alvah and I were, and to remind him that the buses to the bowling lanes were to start boarding at 12:15. About half an hour later, which was after the buses were already being boarded, I got a text back saying that he was already home and had left. So I let the coordinators know what was afoot. They were as puzzled as I was and not particularly elated. Fortunately, all that was left on the schedule by that point was dinner and the farewell party tonight. Neither of those events is particularly taxing on an interpreter, since it involves a lot of mingling among people and conversing.

However, I have to be up at the crack of dwan tomorrow, so I am signing off early. I need to make ZZZs or I will be a zombie in the morning. Or should I say, I will be worse of a zmobie than usual in the morning. ;)

No comments: