Support This Blogger

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Ya know...

I called CVS *ten days ago* about getting refills on prescriptions, knowing that they'd have to submit two of them for a doctor's call to extend the prescriptions.

I called today. CVS still hasn't got them. The girl at the pharmacy said, "We faxed the doctor and called the next day. What else do you want us to do?"

Uh, gee, I don't know, HOW ABOUT FAXING AND CALLING THEM AGAIN, since I'm calling to ask about the refill status and the two meds in question aren't refilled? How's that for a logical answer?

Geeze. Look at my freaking prescription history, lady. Look at how long I've had these freaking prescriptions. You think that I'm suddenly going to miraculously not need either of them anymore, just because the freaking doctor never called you back? Do you think I'm just going to give up? "Oh, I don't care if acid reflux demolishes my esophagus. The doctor never called back with a refill so I'll just do without from now on. It doesn't matter what my BP is. The doctor never returned the call to the pharmacy, so it's OK if I skip the med from here on out."

:headdesk: :headdesk: :headdesk:

So I called the doctor MYSELF. With luck, there'll be some freaking meds available to me in the near future so I can actually, you know, TAKE them tomorrow.

GRRRRRR...

No comments: