Support This Blogger

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

LOL. Sometimes, Captain would rather chase his toy than actually catch it. I'm convinced of that after tonight.

We have a feather-toy-on-a-string which Captain loves. A little while ago, I started hauling it around the living room. I soon had an orange-and-white blur stampeding after it.

After a few high-speed passes with the toy, I started to slow down the motion of the toy. I try to let the cats actually CATCH the toy now and then, so they can get some reward from their hunting endeavors.

I slowed down the toy. Captain ran more slowly. I slowed it some more. Captain slowed down some more.

I wound up s-l-o-w-l-y dragging the toy back and forth across the floor while Captain WALKED after it.

Apparentty, Captain subscribes to the mindset that the journey itself is more important than arriving at the destination. :)

No comments: