Support This Blogger

Thursday, January 08, 2009

As I mentioned in my Twitter feed, the latest post of which shows on the upper left corner of the blog, I've been under the weather for the past couple of days. The annual sore throat/cough/laryngitis event kicked in at some point during the wee hours of Wednesday morning.

The cats love having Meowmy in one place sitting still, so they can come over for a dote now and then. They'll love it even more if I start running a fever. There's nothing that makes a cat so happy as a Meowmy-shaped heating pad to sit on. Doting AND extra warmth all at once, what a great invention!

So far, no fever yet, and I'd like to keep it that way. With luck, the NSAIDS I take anyway (ibuprofen or naprocen, depending on which one's in the house at the moment), will prevent a fever from taking hold to begin with. But if not, I've started precautionary measures. At 3 AM, since I was wide awake anyway (stupid insomnia!), I made four trays' worth of ice cubes to complement the fluids I'll have to start drinking more of.

I hurt all over. Crummy rotten annual "I caught whatever's going around" event. :-P

No comments: