Support This Blogger

Monday, October 08, 2007

Migraines need to vanish from the face of the earth. Especially when I'm down to the last dose of Imitrex in the freakin' box and the prescription label reads, "No refills. Authorization required".

The dose I took about 24 hours ago did take care of the headache (yay, relief!) and the light sensitivity. But it does nothing to help one of the attending symptoms I tend to have when a migraine comes along: extreme fatigue. I hate feeling like I'm about 90% asleep on my feet -- it's a giant pain in the caboose to attempt to function in that condition.

At least one thing's good -- instead of being in the usual insomnia mode, where it's 4 AM and I haven't fallen asleep yet, THIS time around, I fell asleep from about 8:30PM-12:30AM. THEN I woke up and wasn't able to fall back to sleep. So that's four more hours of sleep than I've normally had by this time in the morning on an insomnia night. I'll take 'em.

Of course, if I could manage to make those hours of sleep happen at the same general timespan as the REST of the people who live in this time zone are making Zs, that would be nice. I'm working on that. It's like battling jet lag.

No comments: