Support This Blogger

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Good news! My laptop -- a refurbished computer with Windows XP that I couldn't pass up on, as it cost under $400 -- arrived today. It was the press credentials that set me thinking in this direction; if I actually plan to write, and I mean REALLY write, then it behooves me to get the necessary tools. So I went looking for an affordable device, and lo and behold, I got an email about this one that was on sale.

Long story short, after getting it set up with antivirus, firewall, anti-spyware, and anti-adware software, I'm good to go. Actually, there's one more bit thing I need to do, and that's install AOL. There are some things, like sending mass mailings for the Phan Club and changing my AOL password, that I have to actually log in to AOL program in order to do. So I'm downloading AOL now.

It shouldn't take too much longer to feel like I'm "set up" properly, as there are only a limited number of software items and websites that I use on a daily basis. I've got most of the software on here, and I'm bookmarking websites as I go along, so my "home-away-from-home computer" is pretty close to being fully functional.

So, look out! Now that I have a full-sized keyboard to use, at home, any time and from any room I please, there might be more posts en route. Don't say you weren't warned. ;o)

It's been a good gadget week. Yesterday, I worked with Joe M. setting up his Zune (I'm converting the world, one music fan at a time! hee hee), and today I'm setting up a new 'puter of my own. Toys are fun. :o)

No comments: