Support This Blogger

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Aaaaah, *%$&#@... The cats have been bouncing off the walls tonight, and I couldn't figure out why. Finally, the sound of something crashing in the kitchen made me get up and check what in heck was going on.

I didn't see anything in the kitchen, but when I walked back into the living room, I noticed Stanley walking after me, kind of bouncing in the air as though he was jumping over an invisible obstacle.

Finally, I realized what the issue was. There's a freaking MOTH in here, and the cats are going nuts chasing it. As ill luck would have it, when I went to get the flyswatter, the cats lost track of the moth. So now they're looking all over for it, and I'm sitting here with the flyswatter on the floor at my feet.

And of course, with my bug phobia on full alert, I'm not even a LITTLE bit sleepy anymore. GRRRR.... oh, well. I never did get to watch Meerkat Manor earlier this evening. Looks like I'll be up for the 3 AM rebroadcast, waiting until the unwanted visitor resurfaces.

Update: it did make a brief apperance. I chased it around in a performance worthy of America's Funniest Home Videos for a few minutes. It finally took refuge in the central air/heat vent. Fa Nabla. Gosh knows when or if it'll come out.

No comments: